First Pit Stop- Wyndham Old Town Alexandria

Departure for our summer journey has taken place. 
We left home later than anticipated after packing the car with our luggage. Which when I purchased my son's (he's become too old to want to carry the family standby ladybug print), made me chuckle. The tag said great for 2-5 days of luggage, we made it work for 72!
Here's what our full load looked like. We have snacks and groceries for when we're on the road, and enough stuff to assemble 70 homeless care packages to distribute. We're off to a good start!
 
We stayed overnight at Wyndham's Old Town Alexandria Resort. It was more beautiful than I anticipated and the rooms were huge. I figured they would be smaller units since it's an urban area, but they were very spacious. This is the guest bedroom.
 Dining Room
 Kitchen
 Living Room
 Master Bedroom
 Master Bathroom
The hotel grounds were beautiful too. They had an area with books, a pool table, coffee, tea, and cookies, beautiful lounge chairs grouped around the lobby. It was very inviting.

After a very comfortable nights rest, I took the kids for some fun at Six Flags. 
I scored season passes in April for only $64 a ticket and they can be used all over the U.S. at the other Six Flags Parks. I considered it a good fun investment in addition to the Science Museum Membership I get every year. So we spent the day riding roller coasters! So Fun....now off to spend the night at another Wyndham location.







No comments:

Post a Comment