San Francisco Wrapped Up

The last two days seemed to be sightseeing packed. Here's the Golden Gate Bridge.
Maureen's posing by a statue in the Golden Gate Park.
 This picture is great to show how steep the streets are in San Francisco. 
 This is a beautiful park we stumbled upon walking toward the water. I don't know what it's called though. It was landscaped beautifully with flowers all over.
 We made it to the beach. It was one of the things on our to do list. It's colder than I anticipated, with a breeze, but the sun is warming.
 This is a great picture of the fog rolling in over the Golden Gate Bridge.
 After walking all day again to find the beach, of course I'm hungry.  
Off to Haight Street to tour the area and get some grub.

I never thought I'd ever eat at a place called Squat and Gobble, but earlier we walked past one that was super crowded and the menu looked so good, so this one we passed was not so crowded and still had happy hour specials! We couldn't decide so we went with the unadventurous standard of beer and french fries. I was not disappointed, the fries were delicious (they were thin with just the right amount of salt)! 
 On to the next place, Hobson's Choice (1601 Haight Street). I would recommend the punch to anyone going here. It's their specialty drink offered in three flavors and was so tasty. I was hesitant to partake, but after seeing repeatedly person after person order the punch, I gave in, and was glad I did!
 Shortly after happy hour ended we made our way back towards our hotel and to Foley's Dueling Piano Bar for some last night entertainment. I can sum it up nicely--good times!! The piano players are so good and with every song, I just wanted to hear more. They put on such a great show with audience participation. Tired out and filled with too much rum punch it was time to call it a night. Until tomorrow.

Today is check out day and I meet it with mixed emotion. I had a great time in San Francisco at the Parc 55, but I look forward to my arrival back home. For our last day, we met with two or Maureen's friends who took us to a place called Unami Burger (2184 Union Street). It was hard to decide what to order. The menu was short, but everything sounded delicious. I went with a Portabella Mushroom burger. 
After Unami Burger we headed over to Mr. and Mrs. Miscellaneous (699 22nd Street) for dessert. I rarely eat ice cream, but the menu looks divine! All of the flavors are homemade daily and the choices included options such as Jasmine Green Tea, Salted Caramel, and I know there was a beer flavored one as well. As tempting as the choices were, I did not partake, but Maureen and her friend did, and said it was the best ice cream ever! 

Then we headed back to the Parc 55 to finish packing our luggage and rest a bit before enduring our connecting flights with a super long layover to get home tomorrow afternoon. 
This trip has been superb and I look forward to exploring San Francisco even more sometime in the future. Thanks Parc 55 for providing super posh accommodations and making my rest time super comfortable!

No comments:

Post a Comment